Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ethnic series: India sketches by Gloria Poole of Missouri


I, Gloria Poole, residing in Missouri but born in the state of Georgia, am adding 9 sketches I drew painted signed photographed and uploaded that are part of on-going series of art I have been creating since year 2006. I began the "ethnic series" of art when I live for a year from May 2006-May 2007 in Aurora, Colorado, then I moved to Denver Colorado zip code 80203 for 2 1/2 years,  and then in Oct 31, 2009 I moved to Missouri. The history is relevant because a curator of a Museum that I communicated with, thought I still lived in Colorado. This is to clarify that [hopefully]. I do not have family, friends or agents of any sort, that live in Colorado, so no one there should be using my name or SSN or telephone numbers or emails or art for any reason. Copyright Notice: This blog and all content on it is copyrighted. This blog is owned by me Gloria Poole of Missouri at present, and I own all rights to it, and to all content, words, photos and art on it. It may not be printed, reproduced, downloaded, copied, saved to disk, photocopied by anyone but me without my written on paper and notarized signature for a particular purpose.  See full copyright notice and disclosure statement for more info relevant to copyright enquiries. 

I am still drawing and painting on all topics but intermittently on the ethnic series. I have some catching up to do one the ethnic oil paintings because many of the heads of State and Monarchs of Europe, the Middle East, Asia --everywhere really-- have changed since I painted most recent series in oils. I have another round of Kings and royals to post but want to add to it first. This batch is images of India. These are from photos I saw in the news. When the person was private [not in public office] I altered their faces some and did not try to make exact image of them.  I did however, try to stick closely to their authentic clothing and colors. 


You will see my notes to myself on some of these sketches in the margins of the paper. The first sketch is of Bollywood actress: 
Bollywood actress sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri
Bollywood actress sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri; yr 2013; acrylic on paper

Andra Pradesh businesswoman sketch by Gloria Poole; yr 2007
Andra Pradesh businesswoman sketch by Gloria Poole created when I lived in Colorado; yr 2007

Indian Prime Minister sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri; yr 2013
Indian Prime Minister, [current PM] sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri; yr 2013

Indian soccer player in news sketch by Gloria Poole, created in Colorado yr 2007
"Indian soccer player in news" sketch by Gloria Poole; created in Colorado, yr 2007; watercolors

Indian Lady sketch by Gloria Poole;ethnic series
Indian Lady sketch by Gloria Poole; yr 2010 in Missouri  ; watercolors on paper

"Maharajah of Kashmir" sketch by Gloria Poole; yr 2007
Maharajah of Kashmir" sketch by Gloria Poole , created in Colorado; yr 2007

Sikh bride in news, sketch created by Gloria Poole of Missouri; yr 2009
Sikh bride in BBC news , sketch by Gloria Poole; 2009; white streak across it must be sunlight from window. it is not part of the sketch. 

Maharajah sketch by Gloria Poole; yr 2007
Maharajah sketch by Gloria Poole; yr 2007

Maharajah sketch also by Gloria Poole; yr 2006
Maharahja sketch by Gloria Poole ; yr 2006

Posted by me : Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole / gloria-poole / gloria.poole / artist-gloriapoole at my private apartment in Missouri, which is not shared with anyone, on 4-May-2014 at 3:48pm.